1. Outside of the context of our message this weekend, when you hear the words, “Going Public” what comes to mind?
2. When you think about “Going Public” with your personal faith what kind of emotion does this evoke?
3. How did you learn about God and the importance of having a personal relationship with him? Talk about who shared this with you and how this happened.
4. This week we talked about the “Guilt-Fear-Guilt Cycle”. Basically this is where you feel guilty about not “Going Public” with your faith so you decide to do it, then fear overwhelms you so you freeze or choose not to, and then you feel guilty all over again. Have you experienced this in your life? Are you experiencing this cycle now?
5. What are some of your greatest fears related to “Going Public“?
7. This weekend we took a brief True or False quiz that helped gauge the “Going Public Temperature” in our lives. The questions I asked were:
- I have compassion for people far from God.
- I intentionally build relationships with unbelievers.
- I have had 2 or more un-churched people in my home during the last 30 days.
- I have invited someone to church in the last 30 days.
- I have shared my story with someone in the last 30 days.
- I have shared the gospel with someone in the last 30 days.
- I regularly pray for people who don’t know Jesus.
As you re-read this list how many of these are true statements in your life? What does this say to you? Which of these statements is the most challenging to you?
8. Read 2 Corinthians 5:18-20. What is the “Good News“? What is God’s expectation for us related to the “Good News“? In your mind what does it mean to be an ambassador for God? How do you feel you are doing with this?
9. Read Luke 15. This chapter is describing God’s heart as it relates to lost people. What things stick out most in your mind? If we are to care like He cares, what does this chapter say to you?
10. I concluded this weekend’s message talking about 4 Things We Need To Commit To:
- Think Clearly
- Observe Compassionately
- Connect Regularly
- Pray Consistently
Which of these 4 is the greatest challenge to you? Why? How will you respond this week?
11. Finish your Journey Group or time of personal reflection praying for the people on your “5 Second Prayer” lists. Also pray that God will work in each of us at Plum Creek to boldly take steps in “Going Public” with our faith.