Journey Group Questions – 5/3/09
1. Technology is constantly coming up with new ways to “get connected”. Share with your group your own “evolvement” in the technological world. When did you: Get your first cell phone, email address, Facebook account, etc. Why? What have been some of the practical benefits of being instantly connected?
2. In Genesis 2:18, God said, “It is not good for man to be alone.” What benefits have you experienced from being in relationship in others in a small group?
3. This week we talked about 4 Word Pictures in the Bible that describe how we can “love deeper” by being connected.
I will experience “loving deeper” when I get connected like…
- A. A BRICK in a BUILDING. Because the connected parts SUPPORT EACH OTHER.
Read Ephesians 2:20-22
How have you experienced supporting each other? Why was this important?
- B. A PART of a BODY. Because…the parts GROW TOGETHER.
Read Romans 12:4-5
How have you experienced growing together? Why was this important?
- C. A SHEEP in a FLOCK. Because sheep are PROTECTED and CARED for.
Read Psalm 100:3 and John 10:11
How have you experienced being protected and cared for? Why was this important?
- D. A MEMBER of a FAMILY. Because…families LOVE each other.
Read Ephesians 3:14-15 and Romans 12:10
How have you experienced loving each other? Why was this important?
4. Which one of these Word Pictures resonated with you the most and why?
5. Who will be the people at your funeral? What will they share about you? Who would take care of your spouse/family if you died suddenly? Are you okay with that?
6. Assuming you are already in a group because you are reading these questions, what would you say to those who are considering joining a group or are not in a group yet?
7. If there is room in your group, share with the others someone you might consider inviting to join your group. Pray together about asking them to join your group this week.
8. Is anyone in your group interested in leading their own group? If so, please pray for them and encourage them to attend the Group Leaders Training on Sunday, May 10th at 9:15am in Theater 9.